Monday, January 12, 2009

What fabric?

I knew I had a lot of fabric, but this is just crazy!!! I realized over the last few months that I way outgrew my one huge shelf. I had fabrics in piles on the floor in a corner and it was so hard to find certain prints especially when they were on the bottom of a stack that was in the back of another stack of fabric. I finally broke down and got another shelf. Here is the end result:
The very top has an extra sewing machine and a few priority boxes, the next 2 shelves have wovens, the next down is wovens and then extra snaps that do not fit in my snap organizer on my table, and the very bottoms is knits.


This is my old shelf and it is in serious need of a good organizing job lol. Yeah I really didn't want to do it before I snapped a pic =X.

The very top is colored pul (inside the bag at the top is extra white pul that will go on the roll when my other one is done), on the top right is microfleece, next shelf down is absorbant materials and then a couple small boxes full of scrap pieces and random diaper cuts, next 2 shelves are suedecloth, and the very bottom has flannel and shoved in the corner are projects that are for my family that I will probably never get to =X.



Now the customs list, of which I really hope I get everyone done this week. My oldest son ended up having a tummy bug again this weekend so that took a lot of my sewing time away. See I told everyone it never fails that when I want to get something done something else comes up lol!!

Sarah R: shipped 1/12

Michael K: working on yours today
Kristin G:
Cait T:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job! Wish I could get my kids closets looking remotely close to those shelves! Hope your little guy feels better soon.

Michelle S. said...

Wow, that looks so much more organized than my fabric stash! If u think u have a lot... u should come over to see mine, of course I need more fabric to make my carriers than ur diapers. lol!

Anonymous said...

wow, I am seriously drooling over here! looks nice :)

Michelle S. said...

Ummmm...wow............a)I'd love to have those shelves and b)I'd love to have those beautiful fabrics.
~Michelle~